Monday, January 10, 2011

More on the Ordo Immortalis

So here is where I got the idea from for the armour, these were done by Paitor Angelica on DakkaDakka, and as soon as I saw them I knew I had to use that marbled armour somehow with a new Chapter (unorginial yes, but it was such an awesome idea I couldnt resist).



My tanks will be slightly different in the way they are modelled, to go along with the fluff stating that the Chapter's goal is to hunt down and retrieve stolen and lost artifacts. I want to have a strong Mechanicum feel, as they will be the only members of the Chapter allowed to handle the recovered artifacts, aside from the Father Librarians. I would like to have a lot of books, similiar to what you can find in the Dark Angels upgrade packs, as well as purity seals, writing like on this tank, and icons/hiroglyphics.

Also, I have been playing around a bit more with the background, Jake had brought up a good point on Heresy that I decided to run with. Since the leadership of the Chapter is a council like the Iron Hands vs a single Chapter Master, I thought it would be cool to have a few of the Fathers become corrupted by Chaos, who has decided to use their psychic abilities against them, seeding heretical thoughts into their heads without them knowing, slowly turning them to the dark gods. Since the supposed homeworld is so close to the Eye of Terror, I think this would easily be plausible, and could create a rift in the chapter. 2 of the 5 Fathers that lead the Ordos Immortalis will become corrupted, resulting in a small portion of the Chapter following them in a civil war. Knowing they are outnumbered and outgunned by the Mechanicum, they decide to steal a powerful artifact previously recovered, and take it with them into the Eye of Terror. This sparks the interest of the Inquisition, who in turn decides to attatch a unit of Daemonhunters to the Order, giving me some fun new minis to mess around with while building my army at the same time :P

Heres the game plan for the make up of the army when it comes to tabletop, its rough, but gets the point across.

HQ: Mephiston counts-as
Elites: 3 Librarian Furioso Dreads
Troops - haven't decided what I will use yet, but if I go with a squad of Daemonhunters, they will be a counts-as Death Company choice. All troops will be mounted in Razorback Transports
Fast Attack - still looking into that as well
Heavy Support: Mechanicum controlled Vindicators, maybe a Devastator squad using the Tech Marine servitors.

Hopefully somewhere in the future, this will come together more coherently than a bunch of random notes, but for now this will have to do haha.

Cheers

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the picture showing off the marbled effect you have in mind, an army painted like that will look great. I like the new wrinkle to the fluff, an incipient civil war taking shape within the chapter. It will interesting to see how this develops, you're off to a good start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, I meant to write, "I like the new wrinkle to the fluff, an incipient civil war taking shape within the chapter adds a lot of tension and drama to the story." Sorry 'bout that, still too early for me I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I'm with you on that one, haven't slept all night, spent the last few hours on Heresy and reading the Liber Chaotica. Its going to be a longgg day.

    ReplyDelete