Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Nurgle!!!

Finally! My Forge World Nurgle Daemon Prince and Herald came in the mail today, and after spending an extensive amount of time trying to get everything how I liked it, I finally got everything built. I forgot how tough the Forgeworld stuff is to build sometimes, it seems a lot of it doesn't properly fit together, but the detail makes up for any problems! Now it is just a matter of finding a few good zombie painting tutorials and doing a little research on what I would like the skintone to look like - I will definitely post updates as I go. I have to admit, I am pretty nervous; after spending so much money on the mini, it has to be perfect (and it doesn't help that I am extremely self critical).


Anyways, here are some extremely pixilated pictures I took with my $10 phone.




And of course I accept the Chaos challenge, and will be doing some pretty heavily converted Death Guard stuff. Death guard has always been my thing, and was what I was primarily known for at the local hobby store until I got fed up and overwhelmed and sold everything. Now, I am hoping my second attempt will be even more crazy than the first, with cooler, cleaner conversions as well as a semi competative list.
Here is the rough list so far - it obviously needs tweaking, some play time, and some buffing up, but it will give a basic idea. Going for the Havoc Launcher spam this time around:

HQ: Daemon Prince
Troops: 7 Plague Marines, X2 Meltas, Plague Champion with Power Fist and Bolter
-Rhino, Daemonic Posession, Havoc Launcher
Troops: 7 Plague Marines, X2 Flamers, Plague Champ with Power Fist and Bolter
-Rhino, Daemonic Posession, Havoc Launcher
Then quite possibly a Vindicator..or 3 :)

Cheers!

(The 'Not So Drawing' for the Holiday Giveaway is tomorrow, seeing as no one else entered, it looks like Papa JJ will be the winner! Thanks for being such a loyal follower! However, there is still time for others to enter, don't see why anyone would pass up on free stuff)

No comments:

Post a Comment